Safeguarding our Children
At Horwich Parish we take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. We are committed to keeping all our children as safe as possible all the time. To ensure this we:
- Check every working person in our school has successfully completed the necessary clearances to enable them to work with children.
- Have trained and nominated staff members as Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) within our school. The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Beedie, and the Deputy DSL is Mrs Washington.
- Ensure accredited safer recruitment training for our Head Teacher and governors.
- Carry out regular training and safeguarding updates for all staff members.
- Provide up-to-date information around online safety for staff, pupils and parents.
All staff are expected to share with the DSLs any concerns in regards to staff conduct around children. If there are concerns about the conduct of the Headteacher, then these should be shared with the Chair of Governors. The school ‘Whistleblowing Policy’ has been discussed and adopted and all staff have access to this document.
We follow procedures and guidance set out by the Bolton Safeguarding Children’s Board (http://boltonsafeguardingchildren.org.uk/ ) and have systems in place to share concerns regarding children’s welfare with our DSLs, with parents and with relevant external agencies. Part of our legal duty to safeguard our children, may also include us needing to consult specifically with and take advice from, the Police or Children’s Social Care, should the need arise.
By working closely together as a staff and with our partner agencies, we firmly believe that we will continue to offer a safe learning environment for all our children.
Please take the time to read our policies and do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any questions about this very serious issue.