At Horwich Parish, we aim to ensure our children experience exciting learning within a broad and balanced curriculum, in line with our mission statement.
In practice this means:
- We want all our children to enjoy their learning.
- We want to ensure that every child progresses well or very well, given their starting points.
- We want to work with parents to help them achieve their best.
- We want our children’s learning to be based on Christian values which will remain with them all through their lives.
- We want to ensure our children gain the basic skills to help them to be successful in life.
- We want to ensure our children’s learning is broad, challenging, and opens their eyes to the joy of learning.
- We want to ensure that our children learn how to learn.
Please click the link to view the relevant policy
Please click to view our Maths Policies
At Horwich Parish CE school we follow the National Curriculum to teach mathematics. Medium term planning is based on the Lancashire County Council mathematics resources. Sometimes Year groups may deviate from the planning grids to accommodate: extra learning time for reinforcement of a concept, target work and assessments.Maths Policy Mental Maths Policy
Quick guide to calculations-
Other PoliciesArt Policy Computing Policy Design & Technology Policy Drug Policy English/Literacy Policy Equal Opportunities Policy Foundation Stage Policy Geography Policy Handwriting Policy History Policy International Policy Music Policy MFL Policy PE Policy PSHE and Citizenship Policy RE Policy Science Policy SRE Policy